The Clinical Research industry cluster is vital to Southeastern North Carolina, supporting knowledge-sector jobs to strengthen the region’s diverse economy. The report and overview was developed to illustrate the significance of the Clinical Research cluster and to determine ways the Clinical Research cluster can be strengthened.
Industry Cluster Highlights:
- 30+ CROs – with four headquarters represented in region
- 3,200+ Clinical Research Employees, with high average salaries
- 60+ CR Support Companies, employing 200+ local professionals
- 100+ Clinical Trials ongoing in region
- 20+ Medical Practices and 45+ Physicians conducting clinical trials locally